View Single Post
Old 09-14-2009, 08:41 PM   #1
admdvs
admdvs began at the beginning.

Device: sony PRS-300
no need to use the sony software...

i've been reading ebooks for about 13 years.. i started off with reading on a (palm) pilot 1000, way back in 1996, infact i made the suggestion to the guy that invented the .mobi / .pdb ebook format. i remember he was working on a Z/infocom emulator and and i was beta testing for him.. i wrote to him and told him the best part about playing the game was just sitting on the subway and reading and reading and reading.. the next day he send me the first built to the palm doc reader!.. the rest was history.. i would guess the first device that was used as an ebook reader!

anways.. that was a life time ago.. since then i've used various electronic organizers and cell phones to read books off of. i just bought my first official ebook reader : sony prs-300 a couple of weeks ago.

just for kicks i tried something out. i copied some new files directly to the drive on the sony reader at
\database\media\books
and the pulled out the usb cable. The device brought the "hour glass" for a few seconds, then boom - the newly copied books where in place... and accessable!

aside from creating "collections", why bother with the sony software at all?
i'm sure they must be a way to create collections by writing directly to the drive too? anyone know?

i've read in this forum people saying the sony software is crashing... so i'm helping you by saying, you don't need it to get your books back and forth..

hmmm... unless perhaps it is needed for DRM books perhaps..?

thanks,
adam
admdvs is offline   Reply With Quote