View Single Post
Old 09-06-2009, 08:25 AM   #2
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
After a few weeks of research and investigating ebook readers I settled on the Sony 505 and am loving it. Interestingly along the way it seems I've found that the ebook world is a mirror of the WWW.

What does that mean? It seems that the floodgates are open. There is no longer a gatekeeper. The WWW allows anyone to post - i.e. PUBLISH anything, right, wrong or indifferent. Wikipedia has run smack-dab into this and are now considering having gatekeepers (i.e. editors) for various pages/topics and not allowing anyone to post just anything without verification.

It seems there is a tremendous amount of trash out there in/on both the web and ebooks (free and/or non-free).

To me it seems the issue is to somehow navigate the flotsam and jetsam and avoid the chaff while finding the wheat.

I certainly don't have time to read the entire web, nor to read and evaluate every ebook that pops up. Seems to me the issue is how do we manage/find/evaluate what to read and avoid the garbage that can be thrown out there by every wanna-be author and publishing house such that we don't waste our time?
Wait...are you actually suggesting that it is a bad thing that you have to make up your own mind on what is good and what is bad? If not, I apologize, but it certainly come across that way to me.
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote