View Single Post
Old 09-03-2009, 10:03 AM   #18
ahi
Wizard
ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by frui View Post
Lacking in the aesthetic aspect, yes.
Lacking in the intellectual aspect, no.

You think 80000000 readers are all idiots?
Not idiots--but derailed, if they are trying to either sharpen their intellect or increase their knowledge based on their experience of reading Dan Brown.

He is wrong about a lot of things that he has no story/plot-justification/reason to exaggerate or misrepresent... things that therefore his readers probably justifiable expect to reasonably accurately be grounded in the real world.

Although, to be fair, I put "aesthetic/intellectual aspect" to suggest that I am trying to describe an only intellectually appreciable aesthetic. There is merit to using three words, when they do the job; but there can be an odd sort of delight upon finding that an unusual set of five excellent words were charged with the same task.

- Ahi

Ps.: I haven't read him--so take my opinions on the subject with a grain of salt... or a heap of salt.
ahi is offline   Reply With Quote