View Single Post
Old 08-30-2009, 08:39 PM   #81
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
Recently I was sitting in a train that had remained stationary for a while. The conductor announced that we were delayed owing to a "failed train" further up the line.

I spent the rest of the delay trying to work out how to translate this expression into Latin, or how express it accurately in English.
Did it fail the train examination? Was it once a train and now no longer a train?
How would you translate "The Senates did not accomplish (failed) to achieve it's objective." I think that might fit the paradigm better.
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote