View Single Post
Old 02-02-2007, 09:04 AM   #4
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
It's true-- they'd make a ton of money. It wouldn't stop pirated copies on this particular book, I think, but I for one would be happy to pay for the real thing (non-DRM, of course), and I think very many others would as well-- especially those who don't live near a bookstore (though Amazon now times deliveries so you get your book on the release date). And as we've seen, not producing an eBook just means that they don't get the eBook revenue, not that there won't be one. Just imagine the hit to the Fictionwise servers at midnight, though!

BTW, I usually buy the Canadian version of the HP books (even though I live in the US), because the printer is Raincoast and they print on "ancient forest friendly" (mostly recycled) paper. Just in case anyone is interested. Amazon.ca has the preorder available now.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote