View Single Post
Old 08-16-2009, 10:00 AM   #13
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
Maybe it is the whole book that is important. Take a paper book and cut off the binding and cut off all page numbers and read the book one page at a time (and you cannot look at how many pages are left or at how many you have read). I would consider that a poor substitute for a book and is also why I like to read paper books better than reading books on my Gen 3.
You are of course, entitled to enjoy a book how ever you like . With my liseuse (see Argel, I'm still trying ), I am able to page backward and forward through my ebooks quite easily and am able to determine how many pages are left using the page numbers, just as I would a paper book. The added benefit is that I can search for a particular word or phrase if I wish to go back to refresh my memory (which, believe me, happens quite frequently ).

By the way, I have read a book where the binding was not attached and the pages were loose and wanted to pull my hair out before I even reached the middle of the book. With 3 kids and 3 dogs running around, any loose leaf papers tend to go flying.
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote