Thread: Sigil v0.1.2
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2009, 11:27 AM   #22
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
In a computer where I don't have recent enough Qt libraries, I was able to compile and run Sigil in this way
<long process>
I'd just like to mention that this is a very unconventional way of building Sigil. As Jellby said, he has to jump through hoops a bit because he uses an old system with old Qt libraries.

On any modern distro this process is greatly simplified. Detailed instructions are in the source package and on the website.

Usually it boils down to this:
Code:
sudo apt-get install libqt4-gui libqt4-svg libqt4-webkit libqt4-xml libqt4-dev
cmake -G "Unix Makefiles" /path/to/source/folder
make
sudo make install
That's it. Four lines in terminal. 10 seconds of work.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote