View Single Post
Old 08-12-2009, 02:53 AM   #65
bjkel
Connoisseur
bjkel shines like a glazed doughnut.bjkel shines like a glazed doughnut.bjkel shines like a glazed doughnut.bjkel shines like a glazed doughnut.bjkel shines like a glazed doughnut.bjkel shines like a glazed doughnut.bjkel shines like a glazed doughnut.bjkel shines like a glazed doughnut.bjkel shines like a glazed doughnut.bjkel shines like a glazed doughnut.bjkel shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Nook Color, Kobo, Kindle Voyage, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houndx View Post
Well, I did some testing today and I don't know that any tool is going to help with it. It just seems like it's a compatibility problem between the Q7 and some SDHC cards. While they work fine for everything else, it simply won't boot from them. The Transcend Class 6 8gb Micro SDHC card that I use in my phone worked fine as a boot device while none of the three Sandisk Extreme III 8gb Class 6 cards worked or the PNY 4gb Class 4.

I've tried two 2gb non-hc SD cards and both worked fine as well.

I've got a Transcend 16gb SDHC card coming from Amazon along with a screen protector for an Asus EEE 701(7" screen) and I'm hoping both of those items work out well. It's Amazon tho, so if it doesn't then I'll just send it back and get another of the 8gb micro cards that I know will work.
Thanks for this Houndx, sorry you are having this problem too but I'm glad I'm not alone in it.

Was wondering if anyone could recommend a 4gb sdhc card that they can confirm boots up the multi boot menu on the Smartq7.
bjkel is offline   Reply With Quote