View Single Post
Old 08-09-2009, 11:01 AM   #37
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayda View Post
I realize there is a "Hanlin" forum, but how many new visitors are aware of the "many faces of Hanlin".
Coincidentally, this is a topic that is currently being discussed as we are updating our forum structure. One of the most difficult aspects is how we should deal with OEM devices that are essentially not much different from each other.

I believe, and this is my personal belief and does not necessary agree with everyone else in the team, that a regular visitor does not care about his device being OEM or not. It was suggested that we create a catch-all category for these devices; however, it seems to me that it would be more appropriate to create unique sections for those devices that are popular enough. So I see that it'd be quite possible to have a BeBook section along with a Astak section, for instance, even though discussions within these sections may occasionally deal with similar topics. That is, as long as there is a critical mass of interested people for a particular device or brand.