View Single Post
Old 08-09-2009, 09:08 AM   #34
Musicman
Evangelist
Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: EZ-Reader - Samsung Nook's- Nook S/T w/Glow - Kindle Fire - Nova 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
and

How is going from a price of $199 to $199 a price reduction?

While robertb contributes some very useful posts, I would hate to see forums flooded with marketing "spam". If many companies start doing what Robertb is doing, it will make Mobile Read, IMO, a much less enjoyable site (I'll end up wading thru many useless threads of marketing propaganda in the main forum ).

Skipping over all the threads/posts about device color is bad enough.

-John
The price first posted for Pre-Orders was 229.00.

I presume due to the Sony announcement, they reduced it to 199.

There are two issues at play here and we should not confuse them.

First is marketing propaganda. If you feel that someone crosses that line then steps should be taken to correct it. I agree.

Second, which is the issue of most concern, is that News is News and when something news worthy happens it should be on the front page not matter what company.

If a company violates item number one, it should not be punished in item 2.

I am sure that currently we have reps from all the major players here marketing their products under the guise of a user. I am more concerned with this type of marketing ploy then by the one where the person has made it publicly known they are a representative of a company.