View Single Post
Old 08-02-2009, 10:54 AM   #23
rogue_ronin
Banned
rogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-books

Device: Nokia 770 (fbreader)
Quote:
I could use the location of the caret in the HTML tree as the sync point, but if you scrolled away from from the caret and then switched Views, the other View would not show your past location but the caret's location.
Wouldn't it work if both Views did it? I mean: keep the WYSIWYG View linked to the caret position of the Code View, and when the WYSIWYG has focus, keep the Code View synced to wherever you are working. Scrolling shouldn't matter, because you're not doing anything. If you want to see the alternate View equivalent, just click in the frame.

Or top left corner (in Left-to-Right languages.) Whatever is in the top left corner of the focused View is what is in the top left corner of the other View. When you scroll in WYSIWYG, Code would fly by, if Code has focus then WYSIWYG would scroll slower.

I imagine I've over-simplified.

m a r