View Single Post
Old 08-02-2009, 10:33 AM   #20
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by EowynCarter View Post
What version of calibre do you use ? I'm using 0.6.4. Sigil is 0.1.0.
Said ePubs are converted from prc files.
I'm also using jaunthy.
Create an issue and attach the epub file you are having problems with.

Quote:
Oh, and if i where to add a function : file search !
You mean a search & replace dialog? That's on my TODO list. But "file" search? I'm not sure I follow.

Quote:
And a way to "synchronise" code view and book view.
The next release will have the views remember their scrollbar positions when you switch between them. Synchronizing them directly (scrolling in one scrolls the other) is technically challenging, at least keeping it accurate. I can't just link the two scrollbars together since the Code View is showing a lot more text than Book View. Book View also displays images. All ideas I come up with (like scroll ratios) fail in certain situations. There's just no way to keep the two accurately linked for large files.

I could use the location of the caret in the HTML tree as the sync point, but if you scrolled away from from the caret and then switched Views, the other View would not show your past location but the caret's location.

If anyone has any ideas on how to implement this, I'm all ears.

Quote:
wisiwig seam to act weird when trying to add header.
"Weird" is hardly something I can test for.

Quote:
And it's slow saving. (Then, it's a 1M file i'm editing, so i'm looking for trouble there.)
It really shouldn't be. What kind of file is that? Create an issue and attach the file. Also, what kind of hardware are you running? Add all of this information to the issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Thanks very much for all your time and care spent so far - it shows, even in the pre-beta state.
Thank you for the kind words.

Last edited by Valloric; 08-02-2009 at 10:45 AM. Reason: typo