View Single Post
Old 07-30-2009, 12:37 PM   #24
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahi View Post
You're thinking of the idea of letting the reader search for clues without having to yield the tyranny of the author deciding where and when?

I also have thought before that this sort of an approach might make for a compelling way to present ethnographic information. (e.g.: You arrive to the little _____ian village and can interview its most prominent members, and wander about to explore its streets and buildings.)

- Ahi
Something along those lines, or maybe like this:

Rachel Darkwood drops into the seat, her hair the colour of a shark's smile. She places an unlit cigarette between her lips and bats her eyelids at you. You step forward, a wry smile on your face.

Do you offer Rachel a light
Ask Rachel where she was at midnight
Slap the cigarette from Rachel's mouth

Of course, I like Hardboiled/40's Noir type mysteries so that's where my example would lead. But it would work with cozy's or whatever genre. I'd think every junction would be related to a clue, perhaps, or the asking of questions to a suspect.
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote