Thread: Name that book?
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2009, 02:46 PM   #126
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by alecE View Post
I am convinced that sometime in the early 1960's I read a book that included the phrase "Coachman, coachman, whip up the horses! The rear wheel has fallen off and the postilion has been struck by lightning!" I had thought it was Jerome K Jerome's 'Three Men on the Bummel' but the Gutenberg etext I downloaded does not have this phrase at all (neither does it have the dialogue I remember between the narrator and a German shopkeeper regarding the purchase of a collar stud). Can anybody help? This is really bugging me now.
It might be The life of Voltaire By Evelyn Beatrice Hall, Stephen G. Tallentyre

http://books.google.com/books?id=MDA...esult&resnum=5
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote