View Single Post
Old 01-05-2007, 10:26 AM   #13
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncinpa
I'm confused. If you already have the file in Word, why would you save it as a PDF file to read on the Reader? Why not just move the Word document directly over to the Reader? When I have transferred public domain materials to the Reader, such as from Gutenburg.com, I open the TXT file with Word, run the Macro that was posted elsewhere on this site that strips out the line breaks and adjusts the font size, and save the document as a DOC file. This modified file looks great, scales great, and loads quickly when transferred to the Reader. Why would I then want to go the next step and use Word to create it as a PDF file?
The only real reason would be if the Word file has pictures in it; the Reader doesn't display pictures in RTF files, but does in PDFs.

You're right, though - straight text files there's no reason to bother with PDFs; RTF works great.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote