View Single Post
Old 07-25-2009, 06:26 PM   #1
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
Anyone else having trouble lately converting HTML files in Calibre?

I have been having some trouble lately converting my 'liberated' ereader files. It seems that no matter what I do, there are extra line breaks. I've been saving as epub, converting to RTF, editing out the triple line breaks between paragraphs, exporting to HTML and then converting that in Calibre to LRF. No matter how perfect it looks as an HTML file, there are triple line breaks between paragraphs once it gets on the Sony.

Today I got some new ones, and I fiddled for over an hour, could not get them looking right. Finally I just saved the RTF, converted that in Calibre to LRF, and it looked fine. I am okay to do the rest of them that way (although RTF to LRF conversion seemed to take ages compared to HTML to LRF) and I suppose RTF is just as good an archive format as HTML was. But before I go and do 15 more books like this, is something going on that I should know about? Is there a downside to switching over from an HTML-based conversion to an RTF-based one? Does anyone know why my eReader files are suddenly such a problem? It used to be I could just run the dark reverser script and import the HTML straight and now it seems like they all need work---and the work I used to do to get them Sony-ready seems to be not working now...
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote