View Single Post
Old 07-18-2009, 05:30 AM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonist View Post
I am curious, why not?
Because it displays HUGE text (so you can read it from the driver's seat, presumably) and you only get about 6 lines on the screen. Also, the battery only lasts for about 3 hours - it's really meant to be used permanently connected to the car's power socket.

It's really meant (on the Garmin devices, anyway) to be used for displaying supplemental information about "places of interest" on the map (eg opening times of attractions, telephone numbers, etc), rather than for reading long text files with. It could be done but, believe me, you really wouldn't want to do it .

I'll take a picture of it when I get a chance, so you can see what it looks like.

If this particular device is just a generic Pocket PC, however, then you are of course absolutely right in saying that it should run Mobipocket, Microsoft Reader, or any other book reading application that you wish. But in that case you might just as well buy a Pocket PC and install a GPS application on it .

Last edited by HarryT; 07-18-2009 at 05:34 AM.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote