View Single Post
Old 07-17-2009, 11:58 AM   #71
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Quote:
Originally Posted by dadioflex View Post
Moejoe, I do like a lot of what you say, but you do at times seem to take a real glee at the prospect of professional writers having their earning potential dragged down to your own level.

There used to be, and still are some, house writers for book series (Beastquest, which my niece is rapid about, for one, uses a team of writers). Or any number of franchised series, like Dungeons and Dragons or Star Wars. I don't think that's an answer to anything.

As for Harry, we all know the only time he gets passionate is when he's exterminating something.

BTW, can I just say Richard's example of what happens when you go free, is pretty depressing.
Not glee, please don't think that. I'm on the side of the writer, always. The publishers are not on the side of the writer, and never have been. And my earning potential is ZERO. My writing would never get published traditionally, and even if it was, it would never sell enough to make me a living - a fact that I reserved myself to a long time ago. That's why places like Feedbooks and others excite me, why writing without thinking of money is so liberating. Before ebooks and ereaders there was little chance to be read, to put your work out there. One of my uploads has near enough 900 downloads and by my 5% estimation, 45 people might have read it. That's 45 people who wouldn't have read it if I'd tried to make money from the story.
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote