View Single Post
Old 07-14-2009, 03:23 AM   #73
unmercifulangel
unmercifulangel began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevermind View Post
I'm at a complete loss. Just picked up an iPhone 3G S this afternoon. Downloaded Stanza, enabled the server on Calibre, went to connect via the iphone, and it timed out. Figured out it had to be a firewall issue. I disabled the firewall, and it asked me for username and p/w. At that point I was able to "connect, but I keep getting the same error over and over no matter what I do:

Catalog Error
Error reading catalog data. Please try again later.

Any help?
sorry for the double post; it was supposed to be a reply to "nevermind", but i can't seem to figure out how to delete the first one and i'm new to all of this, so please forgive the inexperience of a newbie.

I got my iPhone last week and have upgraded it to the 3.0 software. Having downloaded Stanza for iPhone and my PC and Calibre for my PC since then, I have all the new releases.

While I didn't get the Timeout error, I was getting a failure to connect to the catalog. Since I was following the instructions from the original post, it took me awhile to get all the kinks worked out. The thing that finally got it for me was to put the /stanza back into the URL, and it just snagged all of my books.

So, I suppose my questions is: have you tried it both with and without the /stanza?

Good Luck!

Last edited by unmercifulangel; 07-14-2009 at 03:28 AM.
unmercifulangel is offline   Reply With Quote