View Single Post
Old 07-11-2009, 12:47 AM   #14
SteveK
Addict
SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, PW2, Kindle3, Kobo Glo, tablets, phone
A bit late perhaps, but on July 4, I finished reading At the Center of the Storm by George Tenet, about his years as head of the CIA. It was an interesting read, in part because it's obviously recent history.

Today, I finished reading Tried by War by James McPherson. It was an interesting account of Lincoln's leadership during the Civil War.

I've now started Their Finest Hour by Winston Churchill, Volume 2 of his 6-volume history of World War 2. I read the first volume a month ago, and purchased all 6 volumes from Fictionwise.

For the past number of years, I've read almost nothing but fiction, but I'm trying to diversify my horizons. I still prefer fiction, but I have found some of the nonfiction to be surprisingly interesting reading.

SteveK
SteveK is offline   Reply With Quote