View Single Post
Old 07-03-2009, 05:41 AM   #65
cze
cze began at the beginning.

Device: none
Dear mgmueller,

thanks alot for the wealth of information you provided for me. I have now bought myself an Iliad and am very happy with it. As I of course have practically no experience with all the things that are possible now, maybe you can point me some bits still further?

I went for the one with wifi capabilities. I plan to use this to read e.g. entries of online encyclopedias and recent book reviews published online. It seems I will be able to do this with dillo together with wpafix and connection-scripts, but it's not yet really convenient. So I wonder if it would be better to first download a website on my desktop pc and then put things together e.g. as chm-files, e.g. with plucker.
Do you have any experience with this?
How do you transfer your files to your Iliad? (Via iRex Tool, USB, Samba, ftp, CF-Reader or ...?)

Btw, I already had to reflash the thing because after installation of some third party applications (dropbear, i assume, but cannot retrace it until now) it kept rebooting.

Now if you allow: what I would be really interested in is how you did setup your Iliad. Which third party tools did you install where? If you would find the time to write something like another helpful user did in this thread: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29060 (maybe in that thread and not here?), i would be even more grateful! Especially I wonder how you manage arranging your around 800 books on your iliad! And you mentioned your use of an external harddrive. Here I am wondering if there are 2,5" usb cases that do not need an external power supply with the Iliad. Do you know this?

Thank you, again, very much!
cze is offline   Reply With Quote