View Single Post
Old 07-01-2009, 04:36 PM   #22
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertb View Post
The EZ Reader you just push the number 8 button. Both, I guess, have their own benefit but reality is that after you double the font size I do not see anyone wanting to triple it. You get too little on a page.

So... what sounds like a big improvement does not really work out as a biggie, sir, in my very humble opinion.
I have to believe that your assessment and opinion are based on the fact that you have normal vision. Someone with a vision disability might choose to disagree with you. Even if one does get fewer words on the page, the large font sizes can make the difference between using or being closed out of the device.

I think I'd like to have some options other than "double the font size". Whether that's in percentages or just increments isn't that much of a big deal. My Kindle has 6 font sizes. Just eyeballing the font-selection menu, it appears that font #6 is about 4x font #1 -- based on the height of the upper-case letters. As shipped, the default font size is #3. Font #1 is generally too small for me to be comfortable, even in the best of lighting, so I keep my Kindle set on #2. When I'm reading under reduced lighting, I'll increase the font size to #3 or #4.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote