View Single Post
Old 06-30-2009, 08:35 PM   #49
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceKrispy View Post
It made me a little weepy eyed! I'm with kaz, I think it is a good example of how there is a common tie that binds us, just like here at MR. Sparrow, several of the "dancers" were just jumping up and down. Can you do that?

(I was distracted though by how his right arm seemed a little different than his left. As I was staring at his identical dance the entire time, that disturbed me. I wanted symmetry. And why did he stop dancing briefly somewhere overseas?)
Grace, darling, you're guidance counselor slip is showing! You're worried the poor boy might have a handicap of some sort. You're also over thinking it, just enjoy!

I actually liked his goofy dance. It showed that he had a great deal of self-confidence. How many of us could/would put ourselves out there like that and subject ourselves to public ridicule in multiple countries no less. I know I wouldn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety View Post
Well, it's the only dance he knows how to do. He (much like me) is completely inept at dancing. He notes in his blog about how everyone made fun of that stupid dance, but it's the only way he can dance .... so, when he wants to dance, that's how it comes out.

I also have (more or less) one dance in me, and I do it when I feel like dancing. I got kicked out of classical ballet school when I was six, and ditched cotillion when I was a teenager, and no one ever asked me to dance at any of the dances anyway .... so why the hell would it matter?

But, I love that video because, I love seeing the locals getting involved. It's just so much fun to watch them getting into the act, and having a good time (especially those lovely Indian temple dancers).

I think (what it says to me anyway is) that, no matter what country you're are from, there are people who can put differences aside and just cut loose and DANCE!

(If you do read his blog, he was actually arrested for trying to dance at the Parthenon ... silly, I know, but there you have it. He could dance at the Korean Demilitarized Zone, but not at the Parthenon.)
I agree completely! Thanks so much for sharing it!
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote