View Single Post
Old 06-29-2009, 01:48 PM   #20
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
Steve the problem is not with Verizon but with your phone. Your phone has to come with a Java virtual machine in order to run Java. That is the real reason you phone will not work.
Most lower end phones tend to be bolted down to reduce cost.
According to other sources, the LG Dare can in fact download and run 3rd-party apps. It's just the Dare on Verizon phones that are specifically locked down by Verizon, taking that ability away from you. (Wattpad confirms this.) Of course, the fact that the Dare (which, as far as I can tell, wasn't considered a "low-end" phone when Verizon offered it) is locked out of accessing outside apps is one of those things Verizon has a knack of not mentioning when they give you the phone... you always have to find these things out the hard way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
However you should be able to read off of their web site at m.wattpad.com through the Dare browser.
Well, as I'm the kind of person who wants to own his e-books, reading them off of the site (if I have access, if the document is available, etc, etc) isn't for me.

At any rate, it's not worth replacing the phone over, at least not until I find myself needing to replace my PDA as well, and decide to go the smartphone route. It just would have given me another convenient e-book reader, that's all...
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote