View Single Post
Old 06-18-2009, 02:19 PM   #13
NASCARaddicted
Addict
NASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and grace

Device: BeBook One, Pocketbook Touch, Pocketbook Touch HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
Nope.
Not-a-chance.
Ergonomics look decent and I might live with the sealed battery, but:
- Touchscreen is a no-go for me; no added-value
- Built-in wireless is indifferent
- Adobe DRM is strong minus
- Apparent lack of Mobipocket support a deal killer
Basically its a Sony clone with wireless.

I'd sooner move to Kindle.
Now, just to make sure that I get this right: you can't read Mobi on the Bebook 2 ? If this is true, it would be a big step backwards, not forwards.

Since last autumn I am interested in ebooks and at first I wanted to get a Bebook. When I heard the first news about the Bebook 2, I wanted to wait some more and get that one. But then I found a slightly used Bebook 1 at ebay, at a pretty low price. O.k. after the shipping from the USA, and the german import taxes, I didn't save much money (only about $40) but besides that, I am really happy with my Bebook 1. I am pretty sure that I will not upgrade within the next few years.
NASCARaddicted is offline   Reply With Quote