View Single Post
Old 06-10-2009, 01:23 PM   #14
Dennisvjames
Enthusiast
Dennisvjames began at the beginning.

Device: Jetbook
I apologize ahead of time for rambling a bit on this reply. I have a Jetbook that I just purchased and I love it. I like the LCD screen better because there is no flash as the page turns. Mine came with all the extra formats (mobi etal) which means that there is almost no format I can't read. I do like RTF format best because it adds a little space in between the lines which is easier on my eyes.

I would love to have FBReader-ability on this. However, I use FBReader on my Nokia 800 it seems a bit buggy. I can open a particular document to the last spot I was reading but the library functions (adding to the library and selecting from the library) don't seem to work for me.

So that's my point, right now the Jetbook is simple to use, doesn't seem to have a bug anywhere, works well, and is as fast or faster than the Kindles and Sonys I have tested. But if I could suggest...the more complex this product gets, the more chances to bug it up or bog it down.

Not saying people shouldn't try and I know I can choose to upgrade to the new firmware or not, but remember that the best chance the Jetbook has to move forward is to keep it's simplicity for wider adoption and I'd like to see it get wider adoption so they keep bringing out new versions.

That said, I know that there is a Chinese version with wifi. :-) If I really had my druthers, I love a version of this that would be fast enough to check my blogs too (the Kindle sucks at this for me). Add that and more dpi and it would be perfect...
Dennisvjames is offline   Reply With Quote