View Single Post
Old 06-09-2009, 01:15 PM   #1
jgray
Fanatic
jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara 2E & Sage
Jetbook will add FBReader with next firmware update

In some recent emails to Ectaco, I make some suggestions about improving their firmware. I also mentioned these forums and the growing number of users here.

In the latest email from Ectaco, I learned some very good news. With permission, I am posting that news here. The next Jetbook firmware will include FBReader version 0.10.7 (the current version). Ectaco will be doing some "internal Q&A on June 16" and the release of the new firmware is "expected in 1-2 weeks after that".

I don't know whether my suggestions had anything to do with this, or perhaps Ectaco was already working on incorporating the latest FBReader into its firmware. In any case, this is good news for Jetbook owners.

Assuming that Ectaco incorporates the full functionality of FBReader and doesn't strip anything out, we should see support for additional ebook formats (notably HTML). We should also see some CSS support, which will be a major improvement in the display of epub and mobi.

I am looking forward to the new firmware and am happy to see that Ectaco is actively improving the product. If I learn anything further, I will post.
jgray is offline   Reply With Quote