View Single Post
Old 05-24-2009, 04:22 PM   #3
taosaur
intelligent posterior
taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Samsung S8, Lenovo Tab 3 Pro
Well, I'm making progress. I think roadblock #1 was that the two machines had different workgroups. Now I can see the Wind on the Vista machine (though Vista can't place it on the Network Map) and see the shared folders from the Vista machine in My Network Places on the Wind.

When I try to access those folders from the Wind, though, it tells me "not accessible. You may not have permissions to access this network resource."

Under the folder's Properties>Advanced Sharing>Permissions>Locations, I only see the Vista machine listed--does this have to do with the Wind not being placed on the Network Map? As a result, I can't see any way to grant the Wind permissions.
taosaur is offline   Reply With Quote