View Single Post
Old 05-24-2009, 01:32 PM   #1
taosaur
intelligent posterior
taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Samsung S8, Lenovo Tab 3 Pro
Unhappy Can't get my netbook on my home network

I'd mostly given up trying, but this came up in another thread and I thought I'd see if anyone can help me.

I have a Vista x64 desktop and an XP netbook (MSI Wind), and while I have no trouble connecting to the internet via my wireless router, I can't get the Wind to show up in the desktop's network devices or vice versa, so I can't share files and drives between them.

When I try "Add a wireless device" on the desktop, there's nothing on the list, and when I use the option to set up a flash drive and run it on the Wind, it tells me "you are now connected to the wireless network [x]," but I'm still just using it as a wireless access point and nothing changes on the Vista machine.

XP's Network Setup Wizard doesn't seem to have any relevant options. I have zero experience setting up these kinds of networks--is there something I'm missing here?
taosaur is offline   Reply With Quote