|
I used an HD10 Fire tablet for a long time. It was fine for watching movies, doing Zoom calls, and reading email. But not much else. Even basic web surfing was a poor experience. You can run Alexa on a basic HD10 tablet too, if you want. I bought a Samsung Galaxy Tab A9+ tablet a little over a year ago. That's a low-end Samsung model. But it absolutely blows away the Fire HD10. Not even in the same ballpark. And the A9+ only cost $179 with 8Gb ram and 256Gb storage (256Gb was a rare find in this tablet back then, and the $179 was an excellent sale price that I just randomly stumbled into). Consider that an HD10 currently costs $155 with 4Gb ram, 32Gb storage, a much lesser CPU, and lower resolution screen.
As far as Alexa+, we have used regular Alexa on Echo Dots for years. Works fine. We tried the Alexa+ when it came out. We struggled with it for about two months, trying to give it every chance possible. But we finally gave up and went back to regular Alexa, which works much better for us. I can't think of one thing that Alexa+ did better than Alexa. At best, it kept even on some features. But most were a downgrade. And it was much slower. And got more things wrong. I would say that Amazon's venture into AI with Alexa+ was a total flop. Maybe they have improved it over the last year since we abandoned it. But it was not good. And they replaced the familiar voice with a bratty snobby sounding teenager. There were other voices available, but those were - believe it or not - even worse than the bratty teenager voice.
|