View Single Post
Old 10-09-2026, 03:13 PM   #1
ezechias
Junior Member
ezechias began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 1
Karma: 10
Join Date: Oct 2026
Device: Pixel 10a
Problems Converting HTML to EPUB

Hi, for years I have been converting HTML files to produce both AZW3 and EPUB files for two different readers (Kindle Paperwhite & FBReader on Pixel phone) Recently, however, converting the HTML to EPUB produces an empty document. The same file produces AZW3 just fine, so when I convert the AZW3 file to EPUB, it also comes out fine, but the end section is missing. I have attached 4 files. The original HTML file, the empty EPUB, the good AZW3 and the EPUB converted FROM the AZW3 which has the missing end section. I am using portable Calibre 9.16.0 on and an up-to-date Windows 11 machine. The only settings I am changing are device format to Paperwhite 3, linearize tables, no table of contents, and this extra CSS: body {text-align: left;}
p {text-align: left;}
Thanks for your help.
Attached Files
File Type: azw3 RB1016 - Robert Heath.azw3 (119.5 KB, 1 views)
File Type: epub RB1016 - Robert Heath.epub (189.1 KB, 3 views)
File Type: zip RB1016 - Robert Heath.zip (33.2 KB, 6 views)
File Type: epub RB1016empty - Robert Heath.epub (38.3 KB, 3 views)
ezechias is offline   Reply With Quote