Thread: Firmware Update Kindle 5.20.1 software is available
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2026, 10:04 PM   #10
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
Posts: 7,255
Karma: 28183005
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: USA
Device: iPad Mini, Kindle Colorsoft, Kindle Scribe Colorsoft
For the new Scribes:
  • microphone is enabled for dictation to text (when it rolls out, I'm not seeing it yet)
  • you can make Sticky Notes for print replica and maybe fixed layout-with-text (have not tried that yet).

Bug fixes (that I've verified:
  • Automatic time/date is working (sets proper time zone

There are still a couple of Theme issues, I thought one was fixed but nope.

I was hoping it would pair with generic BT page turner (foot pedal), but no luck with that yet.
I'm curious if the Kindle Click will work with non Kindle devices (for page turns, brightness control unlikely to work).

Last edited by tomsem; 10-09-2026 at 02:17 PM.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote