View Single Post
Old 10-07-2026, 07:31 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
JSWolf's Avatar
 
Posts: 85,278
Karma: 154365101
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Roslindale, Massachusetts
Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by enuddleyarbl View Post
I'm not sure if this is the right forum for this, but I'm wondering if there's any kind of consensus on keeping or removing embedded fonts in fiction books. I've always had Calibre strip out any embedded fonts in fiction epubs (with both Polish Books and Modify ePub) and let my Kobo's set the font I want to use. But, I'm wondering if I should leave those fonts in place instead.
That is not a good idea to just strip out embedded fonts. What you need to do is see what fonts are in the book and decide which ones you want to keep. Some book have more fonts then just the main font. I delete the main body font. If there are any sans-serif fonts left, I look at them and decide if I want them. If not, I change them to just sans-serif. That means that whatever the default is is what I'll get. If there are serif fonts that are nothing specials, I'll remove them and my choice of font will be used.

Last edited by JSWolf; 10-08-2026 at 06:05 AM.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote