View Single Post
Old 10-06-2026, 03:57 AM   #3
Yapyap
Guru
Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
Yapyap's Avatar
 
Posts: 988
Karma: 5555557
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Estonia
Device: Kindle Oasis 2, Boox Go 7 Colour Gen II, Boox Go 10.3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logseman View Post
The UI was pretty sluggish on the Verse Pro Colour and I wasn’t fond of the colour screen (that’s my own problem though) but I’m ready to give them another chance if the Verta is a bit zippier on that regard.
Looking just at the specs, the BW Verta seems to have more processing power and twice as much RAM compared to the BW Verse Pro, so that would be an upgrade and should make things a bit snappier compared to the older BW device, but with the colour Verta vs Verse Pro, the specs look identical (except the Verta seems to have a smaller battery than the colour Verse Pro), so probably not as much of an upgrade.

(In other words, new Verta BW seems to have similar processor & RAM specs as the Verta Colour and the older Verse Pro Colour.)

I doubt they’ll have managed to improve the look of the colour screen much - same Kaleido 3, and I don’t think PocketBook have the resources to do as much custom tweaking as Amazon is doing with their Colorsofts to get the best possible results out of the limited potential they’ve got to work with.

I’ve never had PocketBooks but UI slowness is a complaint I’ve been seeing for years - all models really. Maybe they’re just not very good at optimising their UI for the hardware. One can always hope for some improvement though, I guess…

They’ve redesigned the buttons. And will offer swappable back plates in various colours. I guess that’s designed for the fun / aesthetics factor. Swappable backs do seem like a better (and at least a bit more eco-conscious) option than getting a whole new e-reader just for a new “fun” body colour.
Yapyap is offline   Reply With Quote