View Single Post
Old 10-02-2026, 08:14 PM   #36
Dal Bhat
Groupie
Dal Bhat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dal Bhat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dal Bhat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dal Bhat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dal Bhat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dal Bhat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dal Bhat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dal Bhat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dal Bhat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dal Bhat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dal Bhat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
Posts: 166
Karma: 1656764
Join Date: Apr 2024
Device: Kindle 11th Gen; Clara BW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dal Bhat View Post
So let me ask the question clearly: (I do not have a Kobo account.) If I log in to my network, will the device try and succeed to update itself?
Answering my own post to share what actually happened.

First, I manually upgraded the firmware to the most current by suggestion here and applied a patch with my desired attributes.

Then I connected to my network and clicked to sync. It searched for updates, but all that I saw was updating dictionaries. Then done.

What I got out of it was what I wanted in the first place: the clock and time zone got correctly set.

But it did install a later version of the English dictionary, the one without etymologies. --Boo. But I had saved the 2019 version and ditched the newer one. So dictionaries is back to normal, although the setting is now populated with a long list of additional. --Can that list be deleted?

Anyway, if you sync a Clara without an account it is still going to call home update what it can.

FYI
Dal Bhat is offline   Reply With Quote