View Single Post
Old 10-02-2026, 02:26 PM   #95
Hollow Man
Evangelist
Hollow Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hollow Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hollow Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hollow Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hollow Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hollow Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hollow Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hollow Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hollow Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hollow Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hollow Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
Hollow Man's Avatar
 
Posts: 468
Karma: 2035946
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Connecticut
Device: Kindle Colorsoft Signature (2024), Oasis (2016), iPhone 13 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
You obviously don't get why some people have different preferences than you and why they feel about various things differently than you do. Or you would not use phrases like "button lovers should be very happy with this solution". Nope, I'm not happy and the cover solution doesn't suit me at all. What suits me is the Oasis form factor with buttons. That was perfect.
I did also like me some Oasis. I can deal with touchscreen only, but buttons are more satisfying as a tactile response thing that says "I turned a page" a lot more than tapping with no feedback. Plus, every now and then, my Colorsoft will advance a page or two for no reason. This never happens with my Oasis, and I suspect it's because I'm accidentally brushing the Colorsoft screen due to the way I hold it: ready to tap the screen to advance the page.

Clearly there were enough people complaining about the lack of buttons, so their solution was to release this new cover, and the remote. It's not quite what a lot of us were hoping for, but it's a step towards it!
Hollow Man is offline   Reply With Quote