View Single Post
Old Yesterday, 09:10 AM   #7
Fussbudget
Junior Member
Fussbudget began at the beginning.
 
Fussbudget's Avatar
 
Posts: 4
Karma: 10
Join Date: Sep 2026
Location: Germany
Device: Kindle Scribe 1st gen.
Mergen3107, thank you for following up on this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mergen3107 View Post
Ok, someone else confirmed on Discord that 5.19.6 has these fonts.
They are system fonts, …
Does that mean these fonts are part of the original firmware provided by Amazon? I doubt it.

Or rather, that they were installed in the process of jailbreaking firmware 5.19.6?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mergen3107 View Post
… so I would NOT recommend messing with them.
I see, but—how exactly would I go about messing with them if I wanted to? :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mergen3107 View Post
Instead, you can open a feature request on KOReader’s Github page to allow hiding fonts from the UI. It is not currently implemented
Actually, I do want to know what has been installed on my devices, and for what purpose. Hey, I didn’t choose my user name at random.
Fussbudget is offline   Reply With Quote