View Single Post
Old 09-23-2026, 01:55 PM   #4
ArizonaGuy
Connoisseur
ArizonaGuy has learned how to read e-booksArizonaGuy has learned how to read e-booksArizonaGuy has learned how to read e-booksArizonaGuy has learned how to read e-booksArizonaGuy has learned how to read e-booksArizonaGuy has learned how to read e-booksArizonaGuy has learned how to read e-booksArizonaGuy has learned how to read e-books
 
Posts: 80
Karma: 914
Join Date: Feb 2025
Location: Phoenix metro area
Device: Kindle Oasis & Paperwhite, Boox Note, ViWoods AiPaper Mini,Paper2Audio
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
What does the scanned page look like?
I have attached a screenshot of the first part of the first chapter of the scanned file. That corresponds to the rtf and ePub screenshots, but that annoying character addition generated by Calibre's conversion of the rtf to ePub appears at the start of every chapter file after the conversion.

I am not sure what the scan page has to do with this as the rtf file is the one that is converted, but I suppose there could be some invisible character embedded.

FWIW - I also converted the rtf file to plain text and there is no such character in the start of the text file.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2026-09-23 at 10.50.58 AM.png
Views:	26
Size:	206.1 KB
ID:	226168
ArizonaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote