View Single Post
Old 09-16-2026, 02:04 PM   #8
UrchinKnight
Junior Member
UrchinKnight began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 8
Karma: 10
Join Date: Jun 2026
Device: Boox 10.3 Go Gen II Lumi
Thumbs down HOPELESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renate View Post
I'm sorry that I missed this the first time.

I think that you might have got this diagnosed correctly with the power button.
You can try pushing it by using two fingernails, then slide your fingers apart to let the button snap back.

I don't know how hard it is to take this one apart.
If you can, it's easy to check the switch, a bit harder to replace it with the exact correct one.
Although, any competent handy repairman should be able to do a crappy job like I did on one ereader.

Sorry, I don't quite get what you mean by the fingernail thing. Like try and get them into the middle and then slide outwards?

Doesn't seem to do anything.

It is now broken again after having had no incidents for quite a few months.

I need to just return it really, but then idk what to do as I really love this but I don't trust Boox anymore. I don't think there's a better alternative, though ((, I hate this so much. And I've read colour e-readers are just not there yet.

I don't know how to replace the button at all, honestly. I lack the technical skill and most repair shops in the UK won't touch e-readers for whatever reason. I have asked around but they're all scared of it.

Idk if I'm just imagining things, but when it is broken and stuck in the boot loop, it feels as if the button is a bit loose/wobbly (left-right, not back-forward) such that you can almost 'see-saw' it, and make one side lower than the other. But I can't "pull it up" with tweezers etc to force ot to be normal again, it's still broken. Every time so far it has just magically fixed on its own at some point?

As I say, even if I do manage to get it to power on, it just turns itself off again straight away. So it certainly has the theoretical capacity to turn on.

I just don't know what to do still. I can't even find anyone to fix it for me, but I don't want to be e-readerless (((((((((((((((((((((((((((

Reading on my laptop all the time hurt my back.
UrchinKnight is offline   Reply With Quote