Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu
Your Chrome case fails (apparently) because of Chrome's new SQL cache. We looked at it in May and supporting it is... problematic. (And apparently it's also changed since.)
But there is a work around:
You can go into Chrome's Experiments flags and change the cache type to 'simple' or 'blockfile'. Enter chrome://flags/#http-cache-custom-backend into the address bar.
Note I've not tested this recently on mac.
I don't have an explanation for Firefox failing. Might be related why some people can only get AO3 /series/ URLs with browser_cache_age_limit:-1 ??
|
Quick update. Changing the cache type to "simple" solved it on Chrome, so that still works on Mac (it's working with browser cache age limit defaults). Thanks for the tip!
For testing purposes, I tried to get Firefox working and couldn't (I tested on a non-series work this time). Setting the browser cache age limit to -1 didn't make a difference. It seems to get stuck on a loop, repeatedly opening the Chapter Index, but not getting any farther. Manually opening the full work didn't make a difference either.
Sidenote: I saw instructions somewhere (maybe reddit?) that your default system browser has to match what you set up for Calibre and FanFicFare and that isn't true, at least on Mac. My default browser is still Firefox, but I have Calibre set to open urls in Chrome and the FFF browser cache set to the Chrome path and it all still works.