View Single Post
Old 05-20-2024, 07:57 AM   #2715
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
Piggybacking on, not a rant, but while I always use free sites for public domain works originally written in English, money spent on good recent translations of pre-20th century non-English works is money very well spent.
Mostly. I found two exceptions. Fortunately only bought one of them.
Apparently a lot of the older translations of Jules Verne aren't great. I did wonder when reading some.
There are some new translations of German and Norwegian folktales out or just coming out. I'm tempted, but the German ones are later than the periods I'm interested in. The Norwegian ones may be good, coming soon.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote