View Single Post
Old 05-09-2024, 03:49 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by HLS View Post
I am looking for big chunky book recommendations that are NOT classics. Not Stephen King, not Sarah J Maas or Brandon Sanderson for I have all of those. Any genre is ok. 2024 is the year I decided to knock out some intimidating books. I do like High Fantasy like Priory of the Orange Tree(already read)
I can highly recommend the Memory, Sorrow, and Thorn series by Tad Williams. They are 3 large b1ooks. The pages listed are from the current paper editions.
  1. The Dragonbone Chair (672 pages)
  2. The Stone of Farewell (608 pages)
  3. To Green Angle Tower (1104 pages)

I also recommend Otherland by Tad Willaiams.
  1. City of Golden Shadow (720 pages)
  2. River of Blue Fire (624 pages)
  3. Mountain of Black Glass (656 pages)
  4. Sea of Silver Light (864 pages)

Shōgun by James Clavell (1312 pages)

Anathem by Neal Stephenson is (937 pages)

Last edited by JSWolf; 05-09-2024 at 03:54 PM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote