View Single Post
Old 05-09-2024, 01:07 AM   #4
haertig
Wizard
haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3, Fire HD8 Gen7, Moto G7, Sansa Clip v2, Ruizu X26
Could be the publisher took their queue from elevator installers. They are prone to skipping the thirteenth floor. Many tall buildings - especially hotels and apartments - go straight from the 12th floor to the 14th floor. Many people don't notice this, but check the next time you are in a tall building's elevator. Was there some happening in the book, foreshadowing or something, that might tie in to skipping the tenth chapter? An intentional, but subtle wink to something in the plot relating to the number 10?

I have not read the book myself. I did see the movie, but don't remember anything about it, so I must not have been into it. Certainly not enough to remember anything about "10".
haertig is offline   Reply With Quote