View Single Post
Old 05-07-2024, 10:45 PM   #21
cartz
Zealot
cartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Inkpalm 5 Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michal Jancik View Post
But if someone uses book readers for their banking, fine. I would just like to know how many and what applications are not available for Android 11 that it is so necessary to leave the entire Onyx ecosystem for these apps (and lose all benefits and applications, after switching to another Android it will be nothing more than looking for alternatives to the original applications and search, not to mention the overall stability of the OS.
As someone using Lineage on my Hisense e-ink A9 I can say that it is completely stable and has been optimised for e-ink by the developers who created the ROM. There is no lost functionality at all.

The reason for people wanting more up to date Android versions is for security, not app availability. And the reason to prefer Lineage over Boox or Hisense is that it is an open source operating system as opposed to a Chinese customised version of Android that potentially has spyware.

Having said all of that obviously if you are just using the devices for reading ebooks then there is little reason to want to change from the Boox version of Android. But these devices are capable of much more than that and there are significant numbers of people who rely on e-ink due to inability to cope with LCD screens. I'm in fact typing this using a recently acquired Boox Mira monitor connected to my Linux desktop. All my screens are now e-ink (PC, Phone and multiple tablets).
cartz is offline   Reply With Quote