View Single Post
Old 05-03-2024, 06:49 PM   #10
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn680 View Post
I can fully relate to the OP.

Recently purchased a PRS-505 new in box. Never owned one, so many in this forum seemed to love them. Thought the battery may be dead, it's not. Added a Glocuscent reading light from Amazon that attaches to the included 505 pleather cover. Lights the 505 up beautifully corner to corner, with varied brightness and hues.

I can see why there was such interest in the PRS-505 at the time. Solid aluminum build. Loads ePub without issue. Looks and feels like something an astronaut might use on the moon. For anyone interested, recommend picking up one on eBay or Shopgoodwill and judging for yourself.
I'm curious which Glocusent reading light you bought. I never heard of these before, but it looks like there are quite a few of them.

I've got 505s (no one would ever bid on them at Shop Goodwill), even a couple of the their cases with the built in lights — but those are heavy and kind of unwieldy. The Glocusent light might be the better option.

EDIT:I went ahead and got this one.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...0?ie=UTF8&th=1

It was on sale for about $7.50 with the 10% coupon. The sale was ending in about 3 hours. (One day sale thing.)

Last edited by rcentros; 05-03-2024 at 08:38 PM. Reason: Added information + corrected spelling error
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote