View Single Post
Old 05-03-2024, 11:24 AM   #422
haertig
Wizard
haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3, Fire HD8 Gen7, Moto G7, Sansa Clip v2, Ruizu X26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie Paradise View Post
...but this alarmed me enough to look into Calibre then and treat my books with its functions...
You will like Calibre. It adds so much functionality and fun to book ownership, in addition to handling local copies of your books for safety/security. Using the book sellers cloud service to save all your books can indeed get you into problems. Both accidental - as your described problem appears to be - and intentional problems created by the seller themselves. YOU bought the book with YOUR money, it's YOURS to do with as you please, so YOU need to be the one in control of it. (I am only emphasizing my point here with the caps, not directing anything at you personally.)

Welcome to Calibre. Despite probably having ended up here due to the initial fright of a disappearing book collection, you're going to like Calibre for everything it can do. There is nothing that even comes close to it.
haertig is offline   Reply With Quote