View Single Post
Old 05-03-2024, 03:50 AM   #44113
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrangerhere View Post
I'll be interested in your thoughts. I do an extra cash work thing twice a year that nets me enough to buy a new e-reader if I want, and I am just curious enough to maybe jump on this one.
I like it. It has a more gray screen, due to the colour layer. Up close you can see the stippling. I don't mind the darker screen, for my eyes it's better. I'm very sensitive to light when it comes to devices. I hardly ever have the lighting up high. With my Paperwhite Signature Edition, especially at night, I always had trouble finding the right balance between brightness and contrast. It always felt it was either too bright or I was squinting because the contrast was too low. With the Libra Colour I haven't had this problem, mind you, I've only used it for a day and a half so far.

I thought I would miss the auto brightness of the Kindle, but adjusting the lighting is so easy. Plus, I was forever going into the brightness menu on the Kindle to adjust it. The swiping on the Kobo just works better for me.

I got the clear back cover and the pen to go with it. I used to take notes, but I stopped because the lag of the Kindle keyboard was annoying. I'm hoping to get back into highlighting and taking notes.

From Etsy I ordered a zippered case and more decorations to put between the back of the Kobo and the case.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote