View Single Post
Old 05-01-2024, 01:17 PM   #222
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Hmm. I've run into a strange issue with the Libra Colour and Kobo UNCaGED.

I had no issue installing NickelMenu and NickelClock. When I installed Kobo UNCaGED by a simple unzip of the github release, the initial launch of UNCaGED forces a reboot (as expected) to install NickelDBUS. However if post reboot i try to launch UNCaGED it again goes through a reboot cycle; prior to that second reboot there is no KoboRoot.tgz in the .kobo directory.

In fact every time I launch it the same thing happens.

So I thought I'd manually install NickelDBUS before installing UNCaGED. The install of NDbus seems to complete; I do see the nickeldbus file in the .adds directory.

Reinstalling UNCaGED and launching it now puts up the message box "Starting Kobo UNCaGED" followed by a message "Running precautionary library scan" and a message "Kobo UNCaGED Finished".

Checking the .adds directory there is no sign of a log file being created.

Any ideas as to what I can check?

This is all using the current 4.39.22861 firmware.

Sent from my Pixel 7a using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote