View Single Post
Old 04-30-2024, 12:09 PM   #12
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by shyhermit View Post

2. The staff who chose to carry around portable devices are all using cellphones solely because they can be pocketed. Obviously, the screens are even smaller so they are always zooming in and out the documents to read them.

3. One major difference I want to point out is that is we are NOT reading these technical documents like a novel. Almost always, we are searching for a specific medication to read up the dosage or formulation or administration details which takes up only a few lines of text each time. This is why I am thinking there must be a better way to do this than using a PDF reader on an iPhone or Android phone. No one in my hospital has tried out an e-ink reader. Portability of the device is critical for this to work.
IMO, if you stick with PDF, you will still be doing a lot of zooming. I'm a little surprised there isn't a dedicated app.

Quote:
5. Some documents I have from the hospitals are in .doc and .docx. Is there a plug-in I can install that will allow the Kobo reader to read these document types? Or I need to convert them to .PDF myself first before sideloading them onto the device?
If you can convert them to an ebook format (epub), you may not need to zoom, although you may still need to page forward/backward.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote