View Single Post
Old 04-30-2024, 04:56 AM   #4
BiduleMachin
BiduleMachin began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Air 3 C
Thanks a lot for your answer @dcarvil and @Renate.

I have space to store an entire raw backup, no problem. I want to stay safe with the device. I have never done a raw backup on Android because I always had the guarantee that flashing manufacter software like MIUI from Fastboot was going to work. Is the raw backup restoration done in EDL mode too ?

If I'm correct, Fastboot is only a thing on Xiaomi so I don't think there is the same on Boox, right ? Can EDL be used to install TWRP or similar tool on the recovery partition on Boox ?

I have downloaded the manufacter ROM from their API. It is a .upx file, is there a way to flash it from EDL or other recovery mode to the Boox is case of a problem ? Xiaomi usually makes a .zip with .img files and a .bat that automatically flashes all images to the corresponding partitions. Is there something similar ?

I will try to follow the Magisk procedure for Poke5. Is it the exact same way with Air 3C ?

Is there Boox modding specific tools made by the community that I should look at ? There is no custom ROM or OS, right ?

Thanks in advance for any answer and have a nice day.
BiduleMachin is offline   Reply With Quote